[X4U] Experience with TechTool Pro 4 Disk Optimize

lists3-200402 lists3-200402 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 17:55:09 PST 2005

i'm certainly no fan of defrag utilities in osx...os9 is a different
matter. however, some of my marketing-hype-driven clients are asking
me to look into idefrag. i'm close to purchasing a copy to test at a
client shop. the developer is very active and responds quickly to
customer inquiries. i asked the developer for a command line tool i
can use to run idefrag at night...would you believe we're in the
middle of an email thread discussing the pros/cons and
implimentation?!

i'd look into idefrag...check out the comments at versiontracker
first though. personally, i don't bother to defrag, but then that's
because i simply don't see the need and i'm not driven by
marketing-hype.

:)
don

don montalvo, nyc