[X4U] dead ipod battery

Mitchell Senft ms53 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 7 01:31:15 PST 2005

How would I know for sure? For the past couple of months, I'd connect
it to the Mac to recharge. It would take the charge but the the machine
would not see it as a mounted drive nor would iTunes open, etc. Now, it
-appears- that despite being connected, it's not taking a charge. Or
weirder, it tells me at one point the battery's dead but when
connected, it shows a slight sign of life, like it's -maybe- taking a
charge. The battery gauge, though, does not register a charge, and the
screen shows the check mark. Note that it's a first gen iPod so I
suppose the battery's past it's expiration date, as it were. Also, have
been been recharging it a little more that every other week on average.

Thanks,

	Mitchell