[X4U] airport - making the connection

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 14:13:44 PST 2005

Ok its been awhile since i ve configured an airport, anyway.

my powerbook has a good signal form the airport base.
encryption is off for now on the base station, to get me going quickly
for now.
Airport is the selected connection in the network preferences.

But when I open Safari and try to connect all it replies is that the
server can't be located. I've read apple airport help but this has not
solved the problem. Any ideas what im missing?

the powerbook has 10.3.3 on it. 1GB memory and is the latest model.

FC Farwell