[X4U] When is Keynote?

Jim MacCormaic thelook at eircom.net
Mon Jan 10 09:17:45 PST 2005

On 10 Jan 2005, at 04:24 pm, Keith Whaley wrote:

> Wanna bet he just wanted to avoid looking "just plain stupid" and hung
> out to dry, like Bill Gates just did?
> Live demos are hell on customer confidence and loyalty.

I don't that had anything to do with it, After all, we all know nothing
ever goes wrong with Macs ;-) -- and I can vouch from several
experiences in the audience for Keynotes at Apple Expo in Paris that
they are glitch-free.

Seriously, though, I suspect it's more to do with the rumour sites
having stolen his thunder about what's to be announced. Or it might be
as argued at Apple Insider --
<http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=817>
which suggests that live webcasts are not worth the outlay.

Jim MacCormaic
Dublin, Ireland