[X4U] firewire drives

Birgit Rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 10 21:04:49 PST 2005

The files should look just like those on the internal drive you cloned.
  Open your System Prefs/StartUp Disk and see if the drive shows up.  If
so, click on it to make it the start up disk and restart.  You should
be booted up with the external drive.  If you will not be using the
drive much, shut it down to give it longer life.  If you will be using
it a lot, leave it on your desktop.  I use mine for backup and iMovie
files which take a lot of space.  If you want to shut it down, be sure
to eject the drive first, then turn it off.  You can leave the firewire
connected.

Birgit