[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

Neil_ Pollack lists at mac.com
Tue Jan 11 20:27:27 PST 2005

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 10:28PM, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

>I know I can get video into one via
>Firewire using my Canopus ADVC-100, but that won't cut it for such an
>application.  Maybe this will create a market for a firewire
>tuner/capture device.

There is already a firewire tuner/caputure/compression device.   elgato.com  Buy two or three of them and they will be able to record different shows at the same time.  It doesn't have the highly acclaimed user interface that Tivo has, but it will work much better than a DV bridge.  The main thing is that it will compress the video into MPEG2, like a DVD, and change channels to record your shows. It has it's own software for editing, since iMovie only works with DV, not MPEG video.