[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 12 09:45:37 PST 2005

>  > If you go into the order page and try to configure extra options,
>>  you'll find that the 1GB upgrade costs $425.
>
>You're right. This is an insane price. I think I'd void the warranty and pry
>it open to add my own RAM to save $300.

Interesting point, void your warranty and save $300, sounds like a
good trade-off to me.

>The rest of the options are not overly expensive however. But they should be
>offering wireless and the Superdrive as standard options so it's still on
>the pricey side but I think a step in the right direction for Apple.

Actually I think leaving those as options is a legitimate choice.  I
don't see them as being a big deal for the target audience.  In my
case, I'd be tempted to add wireless, but don't see a reason to add
the Superdrive.  Actually I'm a little surprised that there isn't an
option to get one without an Optical drive as I can see that being
desirable for schools or businesses.

		Zane