[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 13:09:11 PST 2005

I'd be interested in your reasons for thinking this. They are totally
different. The Cube was elitist with quality issues and expensive,
$1800 at least in 2000 dollars. The Mac mini is just the opposite.
Still, Apple has to sell millions of the Mac mini to make it economical
and a quality issue could suck out any profits even if it doesn't
affect sales. I think Apple knows the latter so I would assume they
used high quality parts and fabrication to minimize the possibility. I
am only surprised that they don't try to pad their profit with a
reasonable AppleCare at $30-50--not many will spring for $149.
Actually, this has me wondering a bit about my assumption on the
quality of the Mac mini.  The probability that its simply stupid
AppleCare pricing is buoyed by the fact that the iPod shuffle Applecare
is an inconceivable $59 on a $99 item.