[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 21:27:34 PST 2005

As I understand it, the Genius Bar staff will do anything they know how
to do for free, provided it doesn't require parts and doesn't take
longer than 15 minutes. So, while it may be cheeky to ask them to
install memory you've purchased elsewhere, I would expect they'd do it
at no charge.

As for voiding the warrantee to save $300, why not? Even in the worst
case--if you have to replace the whole Mac--it's only $200 more than
the money you've saved. The odds are very much in your favor that you'd
come out ahead.