[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

Greg Chapel gchapel at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 12 21:40:18 PST 2005

On 01/12/05 11:27 PM, "James S Jones" <jsjones at mac.com> wrote:

> As for voiding the warrantee to save $300, why not? Even in the worst
> case--if you have to replace the whole Mac--it's only $200 more than
> the money you've saved. The odds are very much in your favor that you'd
> come out ahead.

Yeah, but is that really the message Apple wants to send to potentially new
users. I think Apple made a mistake here. They should be offering 512mb as
minimum config, and charging an extra $150.00 for the 1gb upgrade. They
should also drop AppleCare price to 10% of machine cost ~$50.00.

That way, Apple gets new users started out correctly with an exceptional
experience of OS X, iMovie, garageBand, iDVD and indoctrinates them with the
exceptional AppleCare value.

Most new users now will start off with the 256mb option, and not buy
AppleCare at $150.00. Then if problems show up in the rev 1 mini a year down
the road they will be out of luck, pissed at Apple, and never upgrade to
that G5 running Tiger.

Greg