[X4U] Toast | DVD Music Albums

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Thu Jan 13 09:28:31 PST 2005

On Thursday, January 13, 2005, at 09:39AM, verduron <verduron at comcast.net> wrote:

>G3  330 Mz Yosemite 750 GB DDR SDRAM
>G4 1.25 GMz  / 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
>Mac OS X 10.3.7
>Latest version of Toast and Jam.
>I have placed a question in the Toast support group but no one wants to
>touch it.
>Here it is:
>  When I play back my last DVD Music album it has a problem I haven't
>encountered before.
>Let's say I am playing one sonata. The DVD player on my computer shows
>which sonata is playing.
>When that sonata is finished the next one starts playing - BUT the
>text/button has NOT been switched to the name of the new sonata - Then
>a few seconds later the music stops completely, the next button/name of
>the following piece appears - and then the music resumes. Any idea?
>I could live with the button/name of song out of sink, but the music
>stoppage for a few seconds, no way.
>By the way, I have tried the same DVD on the DVD player attached to the
>TV and the problem remains.

It may be just a bad burn. Rip it back to your HD with MacTheRipper and open the resulting VIDEO_TS folder with DVD Player. If the problem shows there, it is bad encoding. If if does not show there, it is bad burning.

Either way, you'll know whether it just needs to be re-burned or re-encoded and then re-burned. It's probably not worth the time to try and save the DVD you have already burned.

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com