[X4U] Toast | DVD Music Albums

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 15:30:27 PST 2005

On Jan 13, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Nick Scalise wrote:
> It may be just a bad burn. Rip it back to your HD with MacTheRipper
> and open the resulting VIDEO_TS folder with DVD Player. If the problem
> shows there, it is bad encoding. If if does not show there, it is bad
> burning.
>
> Either way, you'll know whether it just needs to be re-burned or
> re-encoded and then re-burned. It's probably not worth the time to try
> and save the DVD you have already burned.
>
> Good luck,
> --
> Nick Scalise
> nickscalise at mac.com

Nick, I followed your advice and it is an encoding problem.
Since this is a new project I have not burnt many DVD Musical Albums
yet. Since there is roughly 5 hours of music on each I haven't checked
them all for defects. The reason I found it on one album is because it
was right at the beginning. Subsequently I found the same problem on an
other one.
I have several questions:
1) How does one avoid bad encoding?
2) Is Toast the only game in town for DVD audio burning?
And more later.
TIA