[X4U] Weird Mail problem..infinity loop of sorted /deleted mail

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 20:21:29 PST 2005

Just starting the last 2 days or so, whenever I delete mail from one of
my mailboxes (i.e. the "[X4U]" mail is sorted to my "OSX List" box),
the mail gets added to the appropriate Trash box...but as soon as I
click the OSX List mailbox, the mails are back again, sometimes
duplicated, and if I re-delete them, they're just re-added to the
trash.  This occurs even if I erase deleted mail.

So...trash is emptied.  6 emails are in the OSX List mailbox.  I read
them, then select all, then hit the Delete key.  I then control-click
the Mailboxes pane, and select Erase Deleted Messages.  I then
re-select the OSX List mailbox...to find the same 6 emails.  When I
repeat delete-->erase deleted mail procedure and then re-check the
trash folder, I now have 12 emails in it...and the same 6 emails in my
mailbox.  I can repeat it until there are hundreds of the same mail
message present in the trash.

I've tried deleting the entire Mail folder in ~/Library/  as well as
the Mail .plist files in /preferences, but don't seem to be able to fix
this one.

Any ideas?

Michael