[X4U] Video Capture pass through to iChat or Adium?

Freeman, Colt cfreeman at liberty.edu
Sun Jan 16 17:49:55 PST 2005

Hey,
I've been lurking for quite awhile but never needed to post untill now, I have a interesting idea that I would like to see if it was worth trying. I would like a Mac compatible webcam and I really don't feel like shelling out much to buy one so here is what I would like to do.

I'm at college away from a very good friend of mine, we both have iBook G4's (12in) she is on DSL and I'm on a T3. I have recently aquired 3 pan tilt cameras that have video out via S-Vid.

If I were to purchase some sort of video capture card is there anyway that the video stream could be sent to iChat or Adium so that it would be possible to video conference?

Thanks in advance,
-Colt