[X4U] Safari and cookies

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Jan 18 07:40:14 PST 2005

I was in the middle of writing to the list in the hopes of figuring out
why Safari took so long to load apple.com pages and why it was failing
to load all the images. (I'd get little blue "?" instead of the
images). I had already emptied the cache without any luck. Then I
thought about cookies. I deleted all cookies that related to Apple and
low and behold, Safari now loads all the apple.com pages super fast and
with all images intact. This same problem was happening on the other 4
macs in the office. Deleting the apple cookies solved the problem on
all of them.

My questions are; what could cause this in the first place? and what's
the worst that could happen if I deleted all my cookies instead of just
the apple ones? (I've never touched the cookies before)

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com