[X4U] Mac external HD access from windows XP

Doug LaBore dlabore at mn.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 10:35:22 PST 2005

Hi all
    Does anyone know how to mount a second hard drive that's connected to
their G5 on a Window XP PC? I have Windows sharing turned on on my G5 and
can see and mount the Mac's boot disk just fine, but the second external HD
on my Mac is not accessible. I tried to place an alias of the second HD on
the Mac's boot drive and I can see that from my PC, but when I try and open
the alias (which should pop open the external HD) I get the "Open with"
dialog box on my PC asking what program to use to open the alias??

Anyone anyone

Doug LaBore
Bloomington Minnesota