[X4U] Mac external HD access from windows XP

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:27:38 PST 2005

this was covered recently in another thread earlier this month. search
the archives for "Show Hard drive when sharing with windows".

basically, you need to modify smb.conf to share out your other hard
drive, or whatever you define as a share.

if you can't access the archives, let me now off list and i'll paste
the pertinent details into the reply...

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:35:22 -0600, Doug LaBore <dlabore at mn.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>     Does anyone know how to mount a second hard drive that's connected to
> their G5 on a Window XP PC? I have Windows sharing turned on on my G5 and
> can see and mount the Mac's boot disk just fine, but the second external HD
> on my Mac is not accessible. I tried to place an alias of the second HD on
> the Mac's boot drive and I can see that from my PC, but when I try and open
> the alias (which should pop open the external HD) I get the "Open with"
> dialog box on my PC asking what program to use to open the alias??
>
> Anyone anyone
>
> Doug LaBore
> Bloomington Minnesota

Polonius19