[X4U] iPod dead - help!!

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 20 01:54:39 PST 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 12:50 am, Peter Payne wrote:

> Lo and behold, my iPod decided to die when I unplugged it. Now all
> that happens is, the iPod shows the Apple screen as it makes several
> chunking noises...

If it's making clicking noises when the hard-drive spins, then that
indicates that the hard-drive has died. The noises are very distinctive
when you've heard them before, they sound very "abnormal" (as it "it
really SHOULDN'T be making those noises"), and are usually regular, a
click every second or so. If it's any consolation, this is surely
unrelated to your reformat - it's just old age.

Stroller.