[X4U] Protecting Folders

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 3 22:22:13 PDT 2005

On 04/07/2005, at 10:44 AM, revDAVE wrote:

>  Filevault seems like it could get scary in case you ever forgot your
> password or something like that ...
>
> So -  I was wondering if there's any other way to protect a folder
> within
> your user account... For example - I would like to keep most of my
> user
> folders unprotected ( normal) ...  However have wondered to special
> folders
> that I could protect such as with a password or something like
> that. Is
> there any way to do something like this?

There is an app called Ghost Folder which allows you to create a
password protected folder. It is not super encrypted or anything like
that but it would be sufficient for most domestic casual use
situations. Unsure if that is what you are looking for. Get it from
Version Tracker , Macupdate, etc. I am sure there are other such apps.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA