[X4U] Tiger Finder Behavior

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 06:39:05 PDT 2005

On Jul 5, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Neil wrote:

> on 7/5/05 5:37 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:
>

>> I have a folder on my iDisk that I
>> like to access frequently, so I dragged it to the lower portion of
>> the Finder sidebar.  It used to stay there permanently, but now it
>> disappears whenever I restart the machine.
>>

> OK, I had a hard drive from my local network mounted on my
> computer.  I
> tried dragging the icon to my side bar to see if it would stay
> there but it
> disappeared immediately.  I tried to mount it again but I can't
> because it's
> greyed out in the list of hard drives that show up when I select
> "connect to
> server."  Is there a way to get it back?  Thanks,

I've had to essentially do what was described above. Mount the drive
and drag the folder I was interested in to the sidebar. That folder
would stay there, and clicking on it will mount the drive which then
shows up in the top part of the sidebar. If you control-click on it
you can rename the folder.

I was a little disappointed I couldn't do exactly what you described,
but the "workaround" is OK for now.

-Mike