[X4U] Tiger applescript to remove drives

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Thu Jul 7 18:03:12 PDT 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 7:18 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> I had an applescript in Panther that would run at startup that
> would dismount my  Backup Drive. I would do this so no one would
> accidentally do anything to it. I did an Archive and Install for
> Tiger, but the applescript, which was in my  Applications-
> >Applescript folder did not transfer over.

I have the following in /etc/rc.local, which gets executed on boot
and before anyone logs in (even with auto-login enabled):
     diskutil unmount "/Volumes/Safety Net"

"Safety Net" is a cloned partition, probably still with Panther on
it, come to think of it.

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor           "If you still have gas, you're