[X4U] (was Wireless "theft" ) OT Noise

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Fri Jul 8 11:36:32 PDT 2005

What is it about communications companies that they always seem to treat
their customers like crap? I'm in Canada with Sympatico (Bell) and their
"customer service" is shit. And it's not just internet. I've been with two
different cell phone companies and always their customer service was less
than stellar. With Sympatico it is so hard get through to a real live human
being when you call. They shunt you through layer after layer of automated
menus and annoyingly slow voicemail and if you're lucky enough to get a real
person they're some underpaid kid who doesn't have a clue about Macs. The
high irony is that for an industry which is all about communication they do
everything possible to make it as hard possible to talk to them.

Richard