[X4U] 4-Bay Firewire Enclosures?

Steve Martin steve at planomartins.com
Sun Jul 10 06:53:15 PDT 2005

On Jul 10, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> Zane H. Healy said:
>

>> Does anyone have any advice on where to get cheap 4-Bay firewire
>> enclosures, preferably with removable disk trays?
>>

> http://keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=6108

Not an enclosure, but a rack to help stack up to 4 Lacie D2 drives.

> http://www.sureneeds.com/sureneeds/satabay4bk.html

Not firewire.

> Randy B. Singer
> Co-Author of: The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

I used to have link to a 2-drive firewire enclosure, but the one I
had the power supply failed so I can't recommend them.

Here is a hot swap setup, not cheap though...

http://www.granitedigital.com/catalog/
pg26_firewireidehotswapdrive.htm#btn_sale_hotswapfwcase

I would probably just buy 4 cheap firewire enclosures that stack
neatly and daisy chain them.

--
Steve Martin
steve at planomartins.com