[X4U] Spotlight - Searching with boolean operators

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 12 05:17:03 PDT 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Why wouldn't this be supported in the future? It seems like it
> would be a
> very useful search option?

Let me rephrase - the current operators won't be supported. They are,
actually, accidents. (That's what I've been told.) However, I'm
pretty sure that they'll be adding "real" support for Boolean
operators at some time in the future. I'd also like to see wild
cards, but that's another bag of hens.

Kirk

                       Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France