[X4U] Re: Good Reading

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Jul 17 23:59:08 PDT 2005

I wonder if Apple are concerned that if they openly promote "Come to our
side coz there's no Viruses here" that it may only stir the "bad guys"
enough to begin seriously writing such malware etc. for us.

I know Mac OS has way less holes to exploit than Windows but if you get
devious and smart enough jokers out there they'll start finding ways.

Coj

Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>

RR said:

>Absolutely,  Apple's opportunity is staggering given the gigantic
>plague infesting the windoze world.

On the other hand, I spoke at a show in Los Angeles a couple of weeks
ago, and I played up the "no malware" angle.

I spoke with some folks who had been in the audience, over drinks later,
and they said that it wasn't a compelling argument for them, that they
just run anti-viral software and that they don't have a problem with
malware.

So, I don't know. Is malware only a problem for Windows users who are
idiots and who don't install anti-viral software?

If that is the case, then I would expect the same folks to be too stupid
to be willing to switch to a different platform.  It might be too
overwhelming a proposition for them.  They might indeed be happier
throwing away their entire cheap piece of garbage PC and purchasing a new
one.

Randy B. Singer