[X4U] Good Reading

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jul 18 09:01:49 PDT 2005

On Jul 17, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Joe Grande wrote:

> People are now throwing away their PC's rather than ridding them of
> viruses and spyware.

And if they buy a new PC, they'll be in the same boat in a week or two.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a really stupid thing to do?
Wonder if he junks his car when it needs an oil change and buys a new
one.

Even if you are a PC/Windows user, this is wrong on so many levels.
Not only does it not solve the problem, it rewards the companies that
didn't create a quality product to begin with, by buying more of the
same. Not to mention the material waste.

I'm hoping the reporter was sensationalizing a bit, and a guy with a
Ph.D. in computer science is buying a new computer because his old
one won't run MS's more current and secure (??) OS. Not just because
he can't wipe the drive and start over.

-Mike