[X4U] Good Reading

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Mon Jul 18 09:14:27 PDT 2005

At 11:01 AM -0500, 7/18/05, Michael Winter wrote:

>On Jul 17, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Joe Grande wrote:
>
>>People are now throwing away their PC's rather than ridding them of
>>viruses and spyware.
>
>And if they buy a new PC, they'll be in the same boat in a week or two.
>
>Am I the only one who thinks this is a really stupid thing to do?
>Wonder if he junks his car when it needs an oil change and buys a
>new one.

I as a consultant am often finding that I recommend the 'Buy a new
one' thing just because the client gets a significantly faster
computer, larger drive, etc. by buying a new computer. Many users are
just ready for one anyway and this is a good excuse rather than
spending several hours cleaning up an older computer.
--

Robert Ameeti

All excellent things are as difficult as they are rare.