[X4U] safari and wsdl

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 21:23:43 PDT 2005

On 07/18/05,  Matt Gregory <vdub.grego at gmail.com wrote:

> I apologize if this is a basic question, but Google isn't helping me
> out on this one ...
>
> I'm messing around with some Amazon web services and it's getting
> annoying to have to switch to Firefox just to view the wsdl files.
> I'm assuming that Firefox is using a built-in stylesheet to make the
> xml a little more pretty, but I don't know how to get Safari to do
> something similar.  Here's an example wsdl:
>
> http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl
>
> Displays fine in Firefox, but comes up as a bunch of squares in
> Safari.  Anyone have any advice?

Run it through a validator, such as the one at <http://validator.w3.org/>
and send the results to the originator. The page has many errors and Safari
is very strict with HTML standards, whereas FireFox may not be so strict.
To see where Apple's coming from WRT to WSDL, see
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/Web_Services/Introduction/chapter_2_section_6.html>.