[X4U] Finder plugin like this? GMail Drive shell extension

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 20 20:43:10 PDT 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 4:29 am, Stroller wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2005, at 2:17 am, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>
>> Is there any for OSX that provide a similar facility?
>> as www.viksoe.dk/gmail
> As Matt says: "... I would find an alternative. GoDaddy has super
> cheap hosting that you could just mount as an FTP addy on your
> desktop." [2]

Whilst Googling this answer for you, I can across the Slashdot thread
from the original introduction of GmailFS. I've only just continued
reading it, and apparently "GMX, a German webmail provider, offers free
1GB mail accounts which are accessible by web, POP3 and WebDAV. You can
also share your files with other GMX users. Transfer volume is limited
to twice the storage amount per month."

You'll need to get a friend to help you translate http://www.gmx.net/
but http://jhcourse.jhu.edu/support/JHUWebDAV/webdavmosx.html explains
how to mount WebDAV under Mac OS X. A much cleaner solution, I think.

Stroller.