Reporting Bugs (was: [X4U] Frustrating built-in Fax autofill bug)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 21:58:58 PDT 2005

On 07/20/05,  Michael Elliott <michaelelliott at mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Michael Winter wrote:
>>
>> I'd say that's definitely a bug. If you can, file a bug report with Apple.
>
> Again...anyone know how? I wish EVERY program had a "report bug to
> Apple" menu item like Safari does.

The fastest and best way, IMHO (outside of being a beta-tester/developer),
to get your concerns in front of Apple's fixers and doers is the following.

Join Apple's ADC at <http://connect.apple.com/MemberSite> (it's free and
also provides you an opportunity, if you wish to exercise it, to download
developmental software). Then use the bug reporter at
<https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RadarWeb> (which requires
an ADC membership) to submit bug reports or enhancement requests.

Once these are documented (you get a unique number when you submit them),
you can track their status, append additional information, and receive
feedback from engineering. This allows you to establish a two-way dialog,
albeit may not be timely, with your
problem/concern/shortcoming/suggestion/etc. and those in power to fix or
add them.