[X4U] Remote access to sleeping machine

Stan Gould groups at stangould.com
Mon Jul 25 05:44:54 PDT 2005

I have a "low tech" answer to the question below -- use a mechanical
data (A/B) switch to turn off the internet connection. I have a data
switch between my Netgear router and Powerbook. When I am not on the
'net, I switch it to "B" severing the connection, effectively isolating
my Mac. The switch is a physical firewall that is hacker proof.

Stan
*
*
*The Spiritual Toolbox
Tools for Spiritual Survival in a Faith Hostile Society
http://www.spiritools.com*