[X4U] Kernel Panics When Shutting Down

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Jul 27 10:52:25 PDT 2005

On 7/27/05 12:44 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> Q: Does anybody know what's causing these kernel panics during shutdown?

Have you run Disk Utility from your Tiger installation CD? Try that, and
then Repair Permissions (booted from your hard disk for that).

If you create a New User on the machine, and shut down while logged in as
that user, do you still get a kernel panic?

There could be logs of the kernel panics, but most of what's contained in
the logs is beyond we end-users to understand. :-) They could be helpful to
locate, though, if you end up talking to Apple support about it. (Launch
Console, click Logs, and look for Kernel in those areas. I haven't had a
kernel panic on this machine, and so can't tell you exactly where to look,
maybe someone else will pipe up with the precise triangle to turn.)

peace,
Linda