[X4U] Kernel Panics When Shutting Down

John Bryan johnbryan at mac.com
Wed Jul 27 17:32:42 PDT 2005

Count me in on that.  G4 450MHz Cube, upped the hd to Seagate 80GB
when the original bit it, replaced the BTO OEM Radeon when it died,
have some additional RAM but otherwise stock.  The only thing it is
connected to is the LAN and the Apple monitor, well okay and the
original 'ball' speakers that came with it.   I get these
multilingual dialog boxes on a dark grey screen, telling me I need to
restart.  Well, that's what I was trying to do, or trying to shutdown
usually.  Upon restart it wants to phone home and tell Apple about,
saying OS X died or something, so I let it go ahead and report.  I
had hoped 10.4.1 would fix it but no such luck.  Another note, or
rather lack of one, is that the startup chime is barely audible if
audible at all.  It will sound when I am restarting from OS 9.2.