[X4U] Confused by Keychain access.

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Sun Jul 31 08:23:16 PDT 2005

So I'm trying to add an existing keychain to my keychain list and I'm
following the instructions from this help entry.

Adding an existing keychain file to your keychain list
If you have a keychain file from another computer, or if you have
recently remembered a password for a keychain you deleted, you can
add the keychain to your keychain list.

Open Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities.
Choose File > New Keychain.
Locate the keychain file using the Where pop-up menu. (Keychain files
are normally stored in Library/Keychains, inside your home folder.)
Click Create.

But everything KeyChain Access is doing suggests that it's going to
overrite my keychain. It even notes that the file I'm choosing exists
already and asks me if I want to overrite it.

This is not the correct way to "import" something.