[X4U] Updating to 10.4.2: yes or no? Mixed feeelings

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Sun Jul 31 14:36:10 PDT 2005

Hello again,

Surely not a new topic but I have to ask. I DL the 10.4.2 update (not
the combo) from the Apple site. I was about to run it when I decided
to learn more about 10.4.2 so I  read some posts on the subject. Half
of the posts mention big problems with Mail, Safari, the Finder and
mostly Airport. The other half seem very happy with 10.4.2 though
they mention that the expected speed gain isn't terrific. So now I
hesitate since 10.4.1 is very stable for me except for KP caused by
the modem (I will have this fixed this week). I do not have Airport.
Are there people on the list that had updated and are you satisfied
with 10.4.2. What hints can fou fee me with? I guess I need just a
little kick in the... to cure me from my hesitation.

Thanks for all

Germain
iMac G5/1.8 mhz/512 ram
Tiger 10.4.1 french