[X4U] Updating to 10.4.2: yes or no? Mixed feeelings

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Sun Jul 31 17:24:13 PDT 2005

On Jul 31, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Germain M. wrote:
> I do not have Airport. Are there people on the list that had
> updated and are you satisfied with 10.4.2. What hints can fou fee
> me with? I guess I need just a little kick in the... to cure me
> from my hesitation.

I'm on the developer list so I've always been a little ahead, until a
public release, and I have yet to have a problem since I got a couple
of kernel panics on a developer release back in the 10.1 days (fixed
before the release version). When the public release comes out I
always download the Combo Update to consolidate everything in my
computer and to update my wife's cube. Have yet to have a problem
with the Combo update method, we always do an Archive and Install
rather than a simple update. After a month or so we delete Previous
system folder. No problems in several years of X updates. My wife has
a stock 450 cube with an updated graphics card to run her 20" Cinema
display and 768 M of RAM. I'm running on a 2 Ghz G5 DP with 2.5 G. of
RAM.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>