[X4U] Video (MPEG2) Help, PLEASE -

Jeffrey Stormshak jsstormshak at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 15:47:13 PDT 2005

Greetings -
I was wondering if anyone has a great source, link, book
recommendation for manipulating MPEG2 video on a G5 specifically NTSC
Digital Cable recorded files.  I looking for Compression tips and
tricks to get these file onto a DVD (Single layer) DVD-R.   I've sent
this email here for a starting place and sorry if some feel this is
off topic.  It's not my intent.

I'm just currently beating my head against my desk while I work
through some issues...

If it helps, I have access to Apple's Compressor, DVD Studio Pro and
of course, the iLife Stuff as well.  The files are recorded using
EyeTV200 and varying file sizes.
Thanks in advance and everyone's feedback -
J.

“Were the middle children of history, man.  No purpose or place, we
have no great war.  No great depression.  Our great war is a
spiritual war; our great depression is our lives.  We've all been
raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires
and movie Gods and Rock Stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning
that fact and we're very, very pissed off.”

Tyler's and his Private Army - The Fight Club.