[X4U] Video (MPEG2) Help, PLEASE -

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 16:14:08 PDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Jeffrey Stormshak wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has a great source, link, book
> recommendation for manipulating MPEG2 video on a G5 specifically
> NTSC Digital Cable recorded files.  I looking for Compression tips
> and tricks to get these file onto a DVD (Single layer) DVD-R.
> I've sent this email here for a starting place and sorry if some
> feel this is off topic.  It's not my intent.
>
> I'm just currently beating my head against my desk while I work
> through some issues...
>
> If it helps, I have access to Apple's Compressor, DVD Studio Pro
> and of course, the iLife Stuff as well.  The files are recorded
> using EyeTV200 and varying file sizes.

According to their website you have two options:
<http://elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyetv200_faq>

Q: Can I export EyeTV movies to iMovie or iDVD?

A: Yes. Using EyeTV software version 1.6 or higher, you can export
EyeTV content to DV, the format that iMovie and iDVD require. You can
also use "iMovie" and "iDVD" presets that will automatically prepare
the video, and launch those programs when done.

Q: Can I export EyeTV movies to a video DVD?

A: If you have Toast 6 Titanium, the process is quite simple. Using
EyeTV software version 1.6 or higher, just export your recordings as
MPEG Program Stream files (or by using the "Toast" preset), and then
drag them to the Toast Video window. Select Video CD, Super Video CD,
or DVD-Video, press Burn, and your disk is automatically authored.
Menus with buttons for each recording can also be generated.

You can also export to DV, and then use that video in iDVD. That
would allow for more advanced DVD features.

Good luck.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com