[X4U] Video (MPEG2) Help, PLEASE -

Jeffrey Stormshak jsstormshak at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 17:37:22 PDT 2005

Nick -
The problem I've encountered with their directions is that after
performing them - the DVD (when played in my Sony Progressive Scan
DVD Player) is "really, really, really" skid-ish and most of all
movements (titling, hands moving, fast movements in general) seem to
flicker a bit.  I'm hoping to find the "correct/right" Encoding
Options to eliminate this problem.  If not, I feel like I've been
sucker punched with this Product.

BTW:  The Digital Cable feed and viewing of the Archived Files (via
EyeTV) doesn't show this same issue but I'm on a 23" HD Cinema
Display so I'm sure helps.  The DVD Player is hooked up to a Sony 50"
Plasma so it could be some interlaced or progression issue ??? (I
think but really not sure)...  But to blunt, I'm sure its operator
error here and a general (lack-of) knowledge on proper video
techniques -

Thanks for the feedback though -
J.