[X4U] Apple Works Database Question

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Jun 4 17:09:16 PDT 2005

     I am using the Apple Works Database app. to keep track of my
DVD's.  I have a been using a Title and a Genre field only.  Now, I
would like to have a running tally on the left side of the database
that will give me a grand total and automatically update when I add
to it.
     I managed to add a field called Number and I set it up as a
serial number that starts with 1 and increments 1.  That worked fine
until I organized the list alphabetically.  The serial number stayed
with the record it was created with of course.  Is there a way to do
this with Apple Works?  This is my first time messing with a
Database, so I may be in a little over my head here.

Thanks,

Kevin