[X4U] Weird Applejack message

Deborah Puerini lovesalsa at cox.net
Sat Jun 4 19:12:42 PDT 2005

Hi X4Uers!!

Got a major panicked kernel, both on OS X and when I went into single
user mode (command-s [panic: we are hanging here]). So installed OS X
Panther on another drive and transferred users, etc. over (from
googling) and everything seems to be working OK. But when I did an
Applejack thing, got this message:

Warning: ATA drive claims FLUSH CACHE EXT feature support but does not
claim Extended LBA feature support.

Is there any way I can fix that? It kept on saying disk0s6 i/o error
too. That disk, according to system profiler, is the disk I have the
new panther installed onto and is the startup disk.

When I went to disk utility the smart drive status is verified on all
of the drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deb in Rhode Island