[X4U] Forgot Wireless Router IP Number / How to Retrieve

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Sat Jun 4 20:42:32 PDT 2005

My primary internet cable access is through a non-wireless router (Linksys), and I have a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) set up to broadcast through my house. I have set the router up to only provide access for my own computers via MAC filtering.

Now a guest wants to hook in, and the number that I thought I had set up as my wireless router's IP number does not grant me access, although everything is working. So I must have misremembered it's IP number (which I had set up as a non-default number).

What easily available utility can I use to scan my local network to turn up the numbers.

At my office, the router software for the non-wireless router there4 (Netopia) would give me all the info I needed, but the Linksys software doesn't