[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 12:53:58 PDT 2005

I think this will be a minor transition for most users... Those that
use odd and complex apps not managed by Apple, Adobe/Macromedia, and
other major players may find some medium term issues in 06-07. There
will be some upgrade costs, like there always are every few years. As
long as the integration and feature set is attractive people pay.

I also think we need to trust SJ and Apple in that they would never
have made this decision if they thought it would compromise the user
experience. Since I don't code or program, and neither do 90% of
Apple's customers, I don't care whether they have IBM, Intel or
squirrels inside the box. I only care that the user experience is
more powerful, more integrated and more fun. And Apple has
demonstrated their commitment to this, year in and year out.

May you live in interesting times...