[X4U] Forbes [Apple Takes on Intel]

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 11:22:05 PDT 2005

On 6/6/05 12:02 PM, John Lyon <jelyon at mac.com> wrote:

> [I read this as being somewhat critical. And this statement doesn't sound
> right: "Since Mac users are habitual upgraders, many of its traditional
> customers will put off purchases until the new Intel-based systems are on
> the market." I thought Mac users tend NOT to be habitual upgraders??]

How many Mac users on this list have upgraded to 10.4? How many upgraded to
10.3? 10.2? I suspect a lot of us have spent the $129 upgrade price multiple
times in the past few years.

If it's hardware we're talking about, well, how many of us have upgraded our
hardware in the last two years? Again, I suspect most of us have.

Eddie Hargreaves