[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Michael Gmail mgrant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:16:05 PDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 5:01 PM, Lars Bertelsen wrote:

> I think the real show stopper may be wheter the Apple engineers are
> able to come up with a way to ensure that OS X on non-Apple
> hardware will run as (more or less) predictably and reliably as we
> have come to expect Mac OS to run.

They've specifically said ("they" being VP Phil Schiller) that "We
will not allow running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac".
<http://news.com.com/Apple+throws+the+switch,+aligns+with+Intel/
2100-7341_3-5733756.html> If they put any effort into it at all, I
suppose they'll be trying to prevent it. I'm no engineer, but I'll be
surprised if they succeed.

Michael

--
<http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>