[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Mon Jun 6 17:48:28 PDT 2005

At 1:24 AM +0200 on 6/7/05, Lars Bertelsen spoke about Re: [X4U]
Apple's move to Intel chips thusly:

>My point is,that I thin it is very hard to guess what these people
>will be doing  a year from now, and also that they may have a strong
>enough brand that even if they do allow OS X to run on non-APple
>PC's, they may still be able to sell as many Apple branded machines
>as they do now. I'm not saying they _can_ do this or that they
>_want_ to do this, but I'm saying I wouldn't want to bet my pension
>on them _not_ doing it.

Consider: these Macs will run Windows directly, not in emulation.
Hence a Wintel dependent shop that appreciates industrial design will
have the chance to buy Apple and change nothing else. The highest
quality Windows box you can buy. Wintel folks can buy Apple.

Mac-centric folks can still buy Apple. And an Appletel  box  can run
Windows software in an Mac-centric shop. No one needs Virtual PC.

Hmmmm.
--

I am a Christian Democrat.
Jesus Christ was a Jew, and a Liberal.