[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 7 03:54:33 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:11 am, Brett Conlon wrote:
> Apple designs a Mac that dual boots OSX and Windows giving them direct
> acces to the PC market. Perhaps they even market the machine as "Get
> the best of both worlds"
> PC users have their first play on OSX coz it came bundled with the
> Mac.... and like it!!!

Mircosoft don't allow Windows to be sold preinstalled in a dual-boot
configuration - not at OEM pricing, at least. I suspect dual-boot Macs
will be for the minority of users, and will not be a "standard
configuration".

> Now, if Apple can get OSX to be able to run Windows based apps
> natively in OSX then that will really be SOMETHING!

That could be done - WINE <http://www.winehq.com/> is a similar
technology. But I suspect that in reality it wouldn't work much better
than virtual PC.

Stroller.