[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 05:43:30 PDT 2005

Could the old fabled "Red Box" (or was it yellow) that would run x86
apps in emulation under PPC be revived?  That would probably be
faster but it might throw another wrench into the decision making of
developers.

On Jun 7, 2005, at 6:54 AM, Stroller wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:11 am, Brett Conlon wrote:
>
>> Now, if Apple can get OSX to be able to run Windows based apps
>> natively in OSX then that will really be SOMETHING!
>>

> That could be done - WINE <http://www.winehq.com/> is a similar
> technology. But I suspect that in reality it wouldn't work much
> better than virtual PC.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.1
pkrug at mac.com