[X4U] Clarisdraw replacement

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 08:45:22 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> PS Yes, I really need to move off of ClarisDraw, and I should
> really spend some time getting good with Adobe Illustrator.

Zane,

I have FINALLY moved the last 3 holdouts in my group from ClarisDraw
to Powerpoint.  Yes, ClarisDraw is just as powerful but more
intuitive.   Illustrator has such a steep learning curve and is
probably overkill for what you need to do.  Appleworks' drawing layer
just doesn't cut it as a ClarisDraw replacement. I know powerpoint is
the evil empire, but it works well.  Are there any other suggestions
for a robust yet easy to use and relatively cheap ClarisDraw
replacement?

  (We're still running Foxbase 2.1 from 1988 in classic with all
sorts of problems.  That hell ends with a migration to an Oracle
database this summer.)

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.1
pkrug at mac.com