[X4U] Stuffit Deluxe 8.02 upgrade/.sit problems

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Jun 7 18:39:53 PDT 2005

Hi Samantha,

Funny enough I was having similar issues with the 9.0 installer. The
website said 9.0.2 and the installer that downloaded said 9.0.2 but the
product that installed was 9.0.1.

I was about to bring it to Allume's attention when I noticed that in the
Installer's Read Me it said that the difference between 9.0.1 and 9.0.2
was just in the StuffIt Engine and it will still install 9.0.1 Expander
and DropStuff - still confusing if you ask me!

Might this be the same situation for you?

Coj

Samantha Cornell <samantha at netresults.biz>

Has anyone successfully upgraded from Stuffit Deluxe 8.0 to 8.02?  I
downloaded the updater, but it just installed another copy of 8.0...not
what I wanted.

Also, I am trying to open a .sit file, and keep on getting an error
#-40.  Is there a way around this?  Is there another app that I can try
to use to unstuff it?

Thanks for your help!

Samantha